- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop. Remove from the heat; press cranberries through a sieve or food mill, reserving juice. Discard pulp.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm juice, gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in ginger ale.
- Pour into a freezer-proof bowl; cover and place in the freezer until mixture is partially frozen. Beat with an electric mixer until light in color. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Sorbet in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p45
Reviews for Cranberry Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review