Recalls Vicki Raatz, a Waterloo, Wisconsin field editor, "I copied this delicious recipe from a radio call-in-show."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Lightly press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Snack Cake in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p18
Reviews for Cranberry Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2010
"Wonderful tasting and easy to mix up"