Cranberry Slushie Recipe
I love to try new recipes. When I find one that was especially well liked, I make a copy, put it in a protective sleeve and place it in a binder. The binders contain my best recipes, and this sweet-tart, bright red slush is definitely in a binder.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups rum
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cranberry juice, cold water, rum and concentrates. Transfer to a 3-quart freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- 2. To use frozen cranberry mixture: In a punch bowl, combine cranberry mixture and soda. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup cranberry mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 148 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC