I love to try new recipes. When I find one that was especially well liked, I make a copy, put it in a protective sleeve and place it in a binder. The binders contain my best recipes, and this sweet-tart, bright red slush is definitely in a binder.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups rum
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- cranberry juice, cold water, rum and concentrates. Transfer to a
- 3-quart freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring
- occasionally. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen cranberry mixture: In a punch bowl, combine cranberry
- mixture and soda. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup cranberry
- mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 24
- servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 148 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.