I love to try new recipes. When I find one that was especially well liked, I make a copy, put it in a protective sleeve and place it in a binder. The binders contain my best recipes, and this sweet-tart, bright red slush is definitely in a binder.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups rum
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cranberry juice, cold water, rum and concentrates. Transfer to a 3-quart freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen cranberry mixture: In a punch bowl, combine cranberry mixture and soda. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup cranberry mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cranberry Slush in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p23
Reviews for Cranberry Slushie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"This is very light & delicious. I made a batch with the rum and one without & it was a hit made both ways. Quick, easy & delicious."