I love to try new recipes. When I find one that was especially well liked, I make a copy, put it in a protective sleeve and place it in a binder. The binders contain my best recipes, and this sweet-tart, bright red slush is definitely in a binder.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: Holiday Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups rum
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cranberry juice, cold water, rum and concentrates. Transfer to a 3-quart freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen cranberry mixture: In a punch bowl, combine cranberry mixture and soda. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup cranberry mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cranberry Slush in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p23
Reviews forCranberry Slushie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"This is very light & delicious. I made a batch with the rum and one without & it was a hit made both ways. quick, easy & delicious."