Cranberry Sloppy Joes Recipe
This recipe will change up the regular sloppy joe's your family is use to. The cranberry adds something special to these sandwiches.—Alice Davis, Wilmington, Delaware
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, celery and onion until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in soup, cranberry sauce, salt, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC