Cranberry Sloppy Joes
This recipe will change up the regular sloppy joe's your family is use to. The cranberry adds something special to these sandwiches.Alice Davis, Wilmington, Delaware
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a skillet, cook beef, celery and onion until meat is brown and
- vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in soup, cranberry sauce, salt,
- chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, about 30
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.