This recipe will change up the regular sloppy joe's your family is use to. The cranberry adds something special to these sandwiches.—Alice Davis, Wilmington, Delaware
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a skillet, cook beef, celery and onion until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in soup, cranberry sauce, salt, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Sloppy Joes in Country Woman September/October 1992, p35
Reviews for Cranberry Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2016
"Easy and filling. I used a larger can of cranberry sauce (14 oz) and really liked to tangy flavor it gave to the dish. Will definitely make again!"