Cranberry Slices Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, ginger. Divide the dough in half; form each half into a 6x3x1-in. block. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs; cut the dough into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Slices
"These are wonderful and look great. I've added them to my Christmas cookie plate. I didn't have dried cranberries and added frozen. Delicious"
"This cookie is too dry and tasteless. When mixing the batter it would not come together. 1 egg yolk. Is this correct? A waste of ingredients."
"anyone out there make cookies with gumdrops in them? I saw it somewhere tonight and cannot find it again..."