- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, ginger. Divide the dough in half; form each half into a 6-in. x 3-in. x 1-in. block. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- To bake, cut the dough into 1/4-in.-thick slices; place on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Slices
Sort By :
These are wonderful and look great. I've added them to my christmas cookie plate. I didn't have dried cranberries and added frozen. Delicious
This cookie is too dry and tasteless. When mixing the batter it would not come together. 1 egg yolk. Is this correct? A waste of ingredients.
anyone out there make cookies with gumdrops in them? I saw it somewhere tonight and cannot find it again...