The holidays wouldn't be complete without a plateful of homemade cookies to give family and friends. Try these for gifts.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, ginger. Divide the dough in half; form each half into a 6x3x1-in. block. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs; cut the dough into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place on ungreased parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Slices in Country Woman November/December 1997, p41
Reviews for Cranberry Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review