Cranberry Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 257 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry Skillet Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.