- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ribs in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake, covered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and remaining salt; gradually whisk in water and vinegar until smooth. Stir in cranberries, lemon peel and, if desired, browning sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain ribs. Pour cranberry mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Short Ribs in Reminisce Extra November 2008, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Short Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review