Cranberry Short Ribs Recipe
This recipe originally came from my mother-in-law. Living in the bush in the Yukon, I sometimes substitute moose for the beef and I pick wild cranberries in the fall. I prepare this comfort food often during the long winter months and we never tire of it.
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle ribs with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake, covered, 1-1/4 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and remaining salt; stir in water and vinegar until smooth. Stir in cranberries and lemon peel; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain ribs. Pour cranberry mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Short Ribs in Reminisce Extra November 2008, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Short Ribs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >