- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Press through a strainer to remove skins; discard skins.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, orange peel and remaining water. Pour into an 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze until ice begins to form around the edges of the pan, about 1-1/2 hours; stir. Freeze until mushy, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon into a freezer container; cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Scoop into small dishes; garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Shiver in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Shiver
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >