Cranberry Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cranberries and 2-1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil; cook gently until all the cranberries have popped, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Press mixture through a sieve or food mill, reserving juice and discarding skins and seeds.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine cranberry juice and sugar; cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. Combine gelatin and remaining 1/4 cup water; stir until softened. Combine cranberry mixture, orange juice and gelatin; mix well. Pour into a 2-qt. container; freeze 4-5 hours or until mixture is slushy. Remove from freezer; beat with electric mixer until sherbet is a bright pink color. Freeze until firm. Yield: about 6 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Sherbet
"My family really enjoyed this. Although my husband thought it would be better with half the amount of sugar. We will definitely make this again."