Cranberry Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cranberries and 2-1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil; cook gently until all the cranberries have popped, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Press mixture through a sieve or food mill, reserving juice and discarding skins and seeds.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine cranberry juice and sugar; cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. Combine gelatin and remaining 1/4 cup water; stir until softened. Combine cranberry mixture, orange juice and gelatin; mix well. Pour into a 2-qt. container; freeze 4-5 hours or until mixture is slushy. Remove from freezer; beat with electric mixer until sherbet is a bright pink color. Freeze until firm. Yield: about 6 cups.
1/2 cup: 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Sherbet
"My family really enjoyed this. Although my husband thought it would be better with half the amount of sugar. We will definitely make this again."