- CRANBERRY VINEGAR:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons tangerine peel strips
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup cranberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place cranberries and tangerine peel in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan. Add the vinegar and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to sterilized jars. Cover and let stand in a cool, dark place for at least 2 days. Strain mixture; discard solids. Transfer to a sterilized jar. Seal tightly. Store in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Reserve remaining cranberry vinegar for another use. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Originally published as Cranberry-Sesame Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p66
Reviews for Cranberry-Sesame Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review