Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad Recipe
For a feast or any occasion, we love this snappy fall salad that balances sweet and sour with good crunch from almonds and sesame seeds. —Stephanie Smoley, Rochester, Minnesota
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- 1. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- 2. Place spinach and cranberries in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups salad equals 257 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC