Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad
This is a great salad for fall and is a refreshing side for the Thanksgiving feast. The dressing has a good balance of sweet and sour, and everyone likes the crunchy taste of the sesame and poppy seeds.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, heat butter over low heat. Add almonds; cook and
- stir until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine spinach and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk
- dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups salad with 4-1/2 teaspoons dressing equals 257 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.