Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad Recipe
This is a great salad for fall and is a refreshing side for the Thanksgiving feast. The dressing has a good balance of sweet and sour, and everyone likes the crunchy taste of the sesame and poppy seeds.
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, cook almonds and butter over low heat until almonds are lightly browned. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra November 2009, p50
Reviews for Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2009
This salad dressing is wonderful, easy to make and healthy when made with canola oil.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >
- Salads >