- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Place spinach and cranberries in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Sesame Spinach Salad
"I thought the dressing was super tasty. I used my dinner roll to sop up the leftovers that had run across my plate. I thought it was pretty easy to make and looked fancy with the poppy seeds and sesame seeds. (Only four stars though since the rest of the family was not as into it as I was.)"
"I made this for a pot luck tonight, 6 times it. I added a package of broken ramen noodles to the almonds and sesame seeds frying. Make sure you dress it at the last minute because the spinach wilted quite quickly. Very nice, l would make it again. Janet. VFE"