- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons beaten egg; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into four wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 scones.
Reviews for Cranberry Scones
"Easy and delicious. Came out perfect. Will be making these again."
"I've made this quite a few times, and while tasty, they've always been more bready or cakey than a scone, and don't look like the picture at all. I've tried using different milk like whole compared to 2%, different types of butter (don't use margarine haha) and different fruits in it the the bottoms are always a little dark and the consistency isn't right. is there something I'me doing wrong?"
"I think the recipe is great, my scones came out pretty big so next time I will make them just a tad bit smaller. I didn't use coarse sugar for the top, I used fine sugar. I like that they are quick to make and with the second batch I had them in about a minute less. I'm off to the kitchen to make more."
"I doubled the recipe and it came out perfect. A big hit with my family."
"I doubled the recipe because I wanted to use up some craisins I had in the house. Dough was very sticky and not easy to work with but the finished product was fantastic!!"