- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons beaten egg; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into four wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 scones.
Reviews for Cranberry Scones
"Easy and delicious. Came out perfect. Will be making these again."
"I've made this quite a few times, and while tasty, they've always been more bready or cakey than a scone, and don't look like the picture at all. I've tried using different milk like whole compared to 2%, different types of butter (don't use margarine haha) and different fruits in it the the bottoms are always a little dark and the consistency isn't right. is there something I'me doing wrong?"
"I think the recipe is great, my scones came out pretty big so next time I will make them just a tad bit smaller. I didn't use coarse sugar for the top, I used fine sugar. I like that they are quick to make and with the second batch I had them in about a minute less. I'm off to the kitchen to make more."
"I doubled the recipe and it came out perfect. A big hit with my family."
"I doubled the recipe because I wanted to use up some craisins I had in the house. Dough was very sticky and not easy to work with but the finished product was fantastic!!"
"This was an incredibly simple recipe, and it turned out delicious. I did not have milk, so substituted with whipping cream. This might have contributed to the greatness. Using a pastry blender works very well for blending. I'll add more cranberries next time. I made 6 smaller scones, and 12 minutes was the perfect cooking time."
"I love to make these. They are so easy and have a wonderful taste. I like to use different kinds of berries in the scones. They are all good."
"Very simple and easy recipe. No time at all to put it together. I doubled the recipe also. The scones came out wonderful. I will definitely be making this again."
"Easy to make!"
"I have been using online recipes a lot & always look forward to the reviews, so I can anticipate the problems with the recipe. This recipe has none, I made a few times, last time I doubled the recipe , it was great , no modifications needed."