My tempting cranberry scones brighten up a holiday brunch or tea. The yummy orange butter served with them is hands-down irresistible. —Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
Featured In: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- EGG WASH:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water; brush over dough.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. For orange butter, in a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Serve with warm scones. Yield: 8 scones (1/2 cup orange butter).
Originally published as Cranberry Scones with Orange Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p35
Reviews for Cranberry Scones with Orange Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review