I turn to this recipe frequently because I can prepare it a day ahead—it's so convenient when company's coming. And with only a trace of fat, the fruity side dish is nutritious and delicious.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
11 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring juice and sugar to a boil. Add
- cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10-15 minutes or until the berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. cool. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 11 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.