Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts Recipe
You'll be the most popular person at Thanksgiving dinner when you bring this sauce. All the women in my family serve it. The apricot preserves, lemon and toasted walnuts make it different.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the cranberries. Cook until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in preserves and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC