Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the cranberries. Cook until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in preserves and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 178 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts
"Mmm - I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups as there were less than 12 oz. berries. Removed the wrinkled ones. Maybe 1 cup sugar would work. Hubby thought was too sweet. Used 1/4 cup preserves and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Walnuts offset the sweetness. First time making cranberry sauce."
"Excellent Cranberry Sauce."
"This was so easy to make and wow everyone at Thanksgiving couldn't get over how great it was. I am now in charge of making the cranberry sauce forever. I'll be making it again on Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe"