You'll be the most popular person at Thanksgiving dinner when you bring this sauce. All the women in my family serve it. The apricot preserves, lemon and toasted walnuts make it different.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the cranberries. Cook until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in preserves and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts in Country Woman November/December 2006, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review