Cranberry Sauce Muffins Recipe
"I created this recipe because I'm always watching my weight," notes Glenda Cameron of Landenberg, Pennsylvania. "These muffins are easy to make and have less fat and calories than many others. Occasionally, I'll substitute canned pumpkin for the cranberry sauce, which is also good!"
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg substitute and oil; mix well. Combine the next five ingredients; stir into cereal mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberry sauce. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 145 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC