Cranberry Sauce Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg substitute and oil; mix well. Combine the next five ingredients; stir into cereal mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberry sauce. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 145 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cranberry Sauce Muffins
"Just the right amount of sweetness, and very moist for bran muffins."