Cranberry Sauce Cake Recipe
This moist cake is so easy to make because it mixes in one bowl. Slice it at the table so everyone can see how beautiful it is. Make one for your dinner and another for a friend. -Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and mayonnaise until blended. Beat in orange juice, peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt until blended; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- 2. Cut waxed or parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 10-in. tube pan. Spray the pan and paper with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 379 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC