Wisconsin grows an abundance of cranberries and celebrates the harvest with many cranberry festivals. I don't remember where I obtained this recipe, but it's easy, different...and good! Try it with pork or leftover turkey.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion, orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Salsa in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p81
Reviews for Cranberry Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review