Cranberry Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cranberries, water, honey, garlic, cinnamon and cumin; mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup cranberry salsa with 1/2 cup of couscous) equals 441 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.