- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cranberries, water, honey, garlic, cinnamon and cumin; mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cranberry Salsa Chicken
Sort By :
"I make something similar but with chicken broth instead of water and currants instead of cranberries. Its my husband's favorite meal!"
"Loved it. I did not have enough cranberry so I added dried raisins and dried blueberries. Made the couscous w/ chicken stock and it was delish."