"CRANBERRIES seem to be traditional with everyone's Thanksgiving meal in one form or another. This salad is our favorite way to serve them, either as an attractive mold or for individual salads. The nuts and other fruit give it a refreshing crunch."
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 large unpeeled apples, finely chopped
- 1 unpeeled orange, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Mayonnaise, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat; immediately stir in gelatin until
- dissolved. Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg
- Fold in the cranberries, apples, orange and pecans. Spoon into
- greased individual salad molds, a 6-1/2-cup ring mold or an 11-in. x
- 7-in. dish. Chill until firm. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves
- and top with a dollop of mayonnaise. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 147 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.