Cranberry Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 large unpeeled apples, finely chopped
- 1 unpeeled orange, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Mayonnaise, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; immediately stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in the cranberries, apples, orange and pecans. Spoon into greased individual salad molds, a 6-1/2-cup ring mold or an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Chill until firm. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves and top with a dollop of mayonnaise. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Salad in Reminisce November/December 1993, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review