Cranberry Rugelach Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 3 minutes or until smooth. Divide into eight portions. Roll each portion into a ball; flatten into a 4-in. circle. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cranberries, walnuts, butter, cinnamon and allspice. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into an 8-in. circle. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Cut into eight wedges.
- 4. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Curve ends down to form a crescent shape. Brush with egg and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 5. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 64 cookies.
1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Rugelach
"These taste amazing--I added a couple teaspoons of orange peel to the filling mixture. Also, don't be too concerned about the shape of the "circle." The individual pieces are easy to fix once they're cut & before you roll them up."
"Love Love Love this pastry discuised as a cookie. I made them simply be cause they had cranberries. I absolutely would not change a thing about this recipe. If you dont like cranberies, use finely chopped pears or apples or raisens. Great recipe."