- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the almonds. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Rice Salad
"I made this for about 40 people, along with a chicken with a sauce. People LOVED it... very easy. I did add feta cheese to up the game a bit... but that made it non-vegan. Still, easy and yummy."
"This was a big hit at a cookout and it was nice not to have to worry about a mayo dish sitting out. I make this with brown rice and add extra green onions. It is good with the almonds toasted or not toasted."