Cranberry Rice Pilaf
This deliciously different pilaf gets its festive color from tart cranberries, while brown rice provides wholesome flavor. It's excellent alongside poultry.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, orange juice and sugar to a
- boil. Stir in the rice, cranberries and butter. Reduce heat; cover
- and cook for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the
- heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.