Cranberry Rice Dessert Recipe
I make this simple dessert using leftover rice from another meal. I also enjoy it as a snack.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice, honey, butter, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the rice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 cup microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Stir mixture before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Rice Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC