Cranberry Ribbon Loaf Recipe
Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania uses leftover angel food cake to create a refreshing cranberry dessert perfect for holiday gatherings. It's convenient, too, because it can be assembled ahead and kept in the freezer.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 6 slices angel food cake (1/2 inch thick)
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 2. Spread a third of the mixture in prepared pan; top with three cake slices (cut cake if needed to fit). Repeat layers. Top with remaining cranberry mixture. Cover and freeze.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Use foil to remove loaf from pan; discard foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 300 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC