Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania uses leftover angel food cake to create a refreshing cranberry dessert perfect for holiday gatherings. It's convenient, too, because it can be assembled ahead and kept in the freezer.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 6 slices angel food cake (1/2 inch thick)
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread a third of the mixture in prepared pan; top with three cake slices (cut cake if needed to fit). Repeat layers. Top with remaining cranberry mixture. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Use foil to remove loaf from pan; discard foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Ribbon Loaf in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p36
Reviews for Cranberry Ribbon Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review