Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry Relish
"Fantastic recipe! I 'm not a huge fan of turkey...and this has me so excited to eat it now. I took the suggestion and used canned pears (added at end of cooking time). Good stuff!"
"Delicious twist on the traditional sauce!Really likethis recipe!"
"I found this recipe several years ago and it has become a family and friend favorite. I'm requested to make it every year for Thanksgiving."