Pears and ginger turn a classic side into something spectacular. —Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat
- until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl;
- refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.