- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry Relish(5)
Sort By :
Fantastic recipe! I 'm not a huge fan of turkey...and this has me so excited to eat it now. I took the suggestion and used canned pears (added at end of cooking time). Good stuff!
Delicious twist on the traditional sauce!Really likethis recipe!
I made this for Thanksgiving and had several requests to make it again for Christmas. It was very simple, but very delicious. The pears are a great complement to the cranberries. I'm sure this will become a family staple recipe.
I found this recipe several years ago and it has become a family and friend favorite. I'm requested to make it every year for thanksgiving.
I love this recipe! I use canned pears, and add them towards the end of the cooking time. It's fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >