Cranberry-Raspberry Window Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup seedless black raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place flour, confectioners' sugar, sugar and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Drizzle with lime juice and pulse just until moist crumbs form. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries, spreadable fruit, sugar and lime juice. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Process in a food processor until blended; cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-3/4-in. scalloped round cookie cutter.
- Using a floured 3/4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread filling on bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Raspberry Window Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Cranberry-Raspberry Window Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review