Cranberry-Raspberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
The festivities will start off on a "berry" flavorful note when this fruity salad is on the table. Evelyn Joy of Alameda, California created the recipe. "You can serve this as a colorful holiday dessert,too," she suggests. "To add a little crunch, sprinkle low-fat graham cracker over the top."
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry-raspberry juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling cranberry juice. Stir in cranberry sauce, breaking up mixture. Stir in remaining cranberry juice until blended. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Fold in pineapple and raspberries. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. In a bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over gelatin mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC