The festivities will start off on a "berry" flavorful note when this fruity salad is on the table. Evelyn Joy of Alameda, California created the recipe. "You can serve this as a colorful holiday dessert,too," she suggests. "To add a little crunch, sprinkle low-fat graham cracker over the top."
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry-raspberry juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling cranberry juice. Stir in cranberry sauce, breaking up mixture. Stir in remaining cranberry juice until blended. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Fold in pineapple and raspberries. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. In a bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over gelatin mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Raspberry Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p43
Reviews for Cranberry-Raspberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review