The festivities will start off on a "berry" flavorful note when this fruity salad is on the table. Evelyn Joy of Alameda, California created the recipe. "You can serve this as a colorful holiday dessert,too," she suggests. "To add a little crunch, sprinkle low-fat graham cracker over the top."
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry-raspberry juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling cranberry juice. Stir in cranberry sauce, breaking up mixture. Stir in remaining cranberry juice until blended. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Fold in pineapple and raspberries. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. In a bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over gelatin mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Raspberry Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p43
Reviews for Cranberry-Raspberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"This is so yummy, we make it for every holiday."