Cranberry Raisin Relish
I'm not what you'd call an "expert" cook, but even I can make this! The fruit-filled relish is a colorful-tongue tingling addition to Christmas dinner.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice; cook
- and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cranberries, apricots, raisins and orange peel; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the berries pop, about
- 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.