Cranberry Raisin Pie Recipe
Even though it was difficult, we saved room for dessert when my mom made this festive holiday pie. It pairs tart cranberries with sweet raisins inside a flaky golden crust. We loved it with big scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- Milk, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. In another bowl, combine oil and water. Gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Shape into a ball; divide dough in half so one ball is slightly larger than the other.
- 2. Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate; set aside.
- 3. For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in cranberries and raisins; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into crust.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top or use a 1-1/2-in. holly leaf cutter to make a design.
- 5. Brush pastry with milk if desired. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 478 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Raisin Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC