Cranberry Raisin Pie Recipe
Even though it was difficult, we saved room for dessert when my mom made this festive holiday pie. It pairs tart cranberries with sweet raisins inside a flaky golden crust. We loved it with big scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- Milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. In another bowl, combine oil and water. Gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Shape into a ball; divide dough in half so one ball is slightly larger than the other.
- Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate; set aside.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in cranberries and raisins; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top or use a 1-1/2-in. holly leaf cutter to make a design.
- Brush pastry with milk if desired. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Raisin Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p35
Reviews for Cranberry Raisin Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >