Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins(7)
Sort By :
Soft, moist and delicious. I followed the recipe except I used only 1 cup sugar, ½ cup fresh cranberries and ½ cup dried cranberries. It turned out just the way we liked it. Thanks for sharing.
We loved this recipe. I used dried cranberries and did not chop them. I doubled the recipe and added an additional cup of cranberries and used a 15 oz can of pumpkin. I made some into individual small loaves to give away and the rest into muffins. FYI: You'll need a large bowl if you double the recipe. Definitely a keeper!
These are delicious and the addition of the tart cranberries is perfect. Added bonus-Your house will smell fabulous while these are baking.
Easy to make, these muffins are very moist and tasty! I did as someone else suggested and just added the entire can of pumpkin and cut back just a little on the oil. Next time, however, I think I will add just a bit more of the pumpkin pie spice. I added some chopped walnuts, and instead of chopping the cranberries, I left them whole, which adds a nice burst of flavor when you bite into them. Even my husband, who isn't a big fan of pumpkin asked for more. This recipe is staying in my box.
Very good and easy too! I used fresh mashed pumpkin and the flavour is subtle, not overpowering. Light texture too!