Kristen Fitzgerald's moist cookies capture fall flavor in a big way! The Stratford, Connecticut cook adds in brightly-colored dried cranberries for a pleasant tang. You'll want to keep the cookie jar filled with these!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the all-purpose flour, oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p43
Reviews for Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review