Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Put leftover cranberries and pumpkin to great use in this moist quick bread. It’s very good with my Secondhand Turkey casserole for an after-Thanksgiving meal.Dixie Terry,Goreville, Illinois
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking
- soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil;
- stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries
- and walnuts.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.