Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
For fans of pumpkin and bread pudding, this sensible recipe is a marriage made in Heaven. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert with a dollop of yogurt—autumn comfort food at its best! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 1 cup pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and pie spice. Stir in bread cubes and cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ice cream topping and remaining pumpkin. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir in walnuts. Serve with pudding. Yield: 9 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 230 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC