Cranberry Pudding Recipe
This recipe was given to me years ago by my Aunt Lena, who lived on Cape Cod where cranberries are grown. The combination of warm tart cranberries and a smooth sweet brown sugar sauce is the perfect ending to any holiday meal!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BROWN SUGAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly; serve over warm pudding. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pudding in Reminisce Extra December 1993, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review