Cranberry Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. Combine flour, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Cut onion in half and stick the cloves into it. Add onion, water, carrot and cinnamon to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours, adding water if needed.
- 2. Skim fat. Combine cranberry sauce and vinegar; pour over the roast. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Discard onion, cloves and cinnamon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.