Cranberry Pot Roast Recipe
I had heard a local restaurant was selling pot roast with cranberry gravy. One day I had some leftover cranberry barbecue sauce and decided to try it over pot roast. It turned out tender, flavorful and delicious!Jim Ulberg, Elk Rapids, Michigan
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Cut onion in half and stick the cloves into it. Add onion, water, carrot and cinnamon to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours.
- Add additional water if needed. Skim fat. Combine cranberry sauce and vinegar; pour over the roast. Cover and simmer 45 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Discard onion, cloves and cinnamon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pot Roast in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Pot Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >