"These fudgy brownies are my friend, Krysta's, favorite!" The port wine adds a sophisticated flavor to this decadent dessert. Kelly Heft, Somersville, MA
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup tawny port wine
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour and salt just until blended.
- In a another small saucepan, combine cranberries and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to a thin syrupy consistency (about 3 minutes). Stir into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Port Fudge Brownies in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p83
Reviews for Cranberry-Port Fudge Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review